Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Enter In


 I recently designed this logo for this year's regional staff conference for my old region, Great Lakes East. The design concept came from the idea of a gothic rosette window, with a 'trinitarian' allusion. The theme "Enter In" refers to coming into God's presence in prayer. The conference will revolve around prayer and hearing from God an authoritative vision of where He is leading our campus ministry.

This process ended up being a lot of fun. I've never worked with rosettes before and I realized there are endless possibilities with color, shape, and lines when you have something with so many aspects of symmetry. Those artists in that era of architecture and art were super smart!

my interpretation of a gothic rosette as a logo


these were a few of the other designs i had mocked up for the client

example of a real gothic rosette window design

No comments:

Post a Comment