Thursday, January 6, 2011

SC11 is underway

Hi friends!

Staff Conference started last night. I'm grabbing a few moments this afternoon to give you a quick update. Thanks for all your prayers thus far. The travel and setup went smoothly, although everyone is pretty exhausted already. Please pray for my team as we are stretched thin doing double and triple duty in many aspects of the conference.

This afternoon I'm helping lead a seminar about communication in fund development. I'll be helping train staff on how to do good design in their prayer letters and other communication materials. Pray that it is effective and helpful!

I've been enjoying hearing testimonies of God's work on campuses throughout the country. It's exciting to be a part of this large movement, where the ways that God is renewing the campus is not only significant but broad. Faculty who see their position in the university as a calling to serve God, students who are reaching new communities such as athletes, and staff who are taking risks to engage with administration, are just a few examples of how God is moving. Praise God!


On another note, it has been so exciting seeing all my work up all over the conference! I'm posting a few pictures of the stage that I designed. I'll try to show you other pictures later. :)

Please continue to pray that God's presence is with each and every aspect of this time. Pray for the many details we have to work out each day behind the scenes. Pray that God will speak clearly to us individually and as a movement, encouraging and motivating us to be his 'regents' in the university world.

No comments:

Post a Comment