Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Learning New Skills - Multiethnic Staff Conference

This is much overdue, but here are photos from Multiethnic Staff Conference!

This was my first time serving as photographer for a conference. I had fun experimenting and working with the professional camera, but it was a struggle to work with the dim lighting in the hotel. I also realized I'm a shy photographer and need to grow in my confidence so I can get better shots. But I enjoyed the experience and have definitely caught the photography "bug". I hope to continue to develop this skill and be able to use it in my ministry as a communicator and artist.

One of my main jobs at the conference was to record, edit and upload video blogs. Four staff from various places and backgrounds recorded a short video each day to reflect on their experience at the conference. Check out Dana's day 2 video below. If you're interested in watching the other video blogs, as well as other videos from the conference, check them out here.



My work at the Multiethnic Staff Conference involved a lot of new skills. I never thought I'd have the opportunity to learn photography or work with a video camera. I'm grateful for working in an environment where we can try new things!

the virtual/tech team (left to right: me, barney, david, michael, jenn, glenn & steve)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you got to do a bunch of new stuff. I really enjoy seeing your work on the blog. I hope things are well.

    ReplyDelete